I’ve been asked to share some vegan recipes, and seeing as I have a super sweet tooth, I decided to start with CAKE!
Allow me to introduce you to the Caramel Biscuit Banana Cacao Cake, which is my absolute favourite cake since turning vegan. As well as being one of my favourites, it is also one of the easiest things to ever make. Below, I’ll tell you how.
(2 cups) Wholemeal Spelt Flour
(1 1/2 teaspoons) Baking Powder
(1/2 teaspoon) Himalayan Pink Salt [or regular salt]
(1/4 cup) Cane Demerara Sugar [or sugar of your choice]
(1/4 cup) Coconut Oil
(1/4 cup) Water
(4 mashed) Ripe Banana’s
(1 teaspoon) Vanilla Essence
(1 1/2 handfuls) Cacao Nibs
Lotus Biscoff Spread [as much as you like!]
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (Gas mark 4).
2. Mix salt, baking powder and flour in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the 4 mashed bananas with the water and vanilla essence.
Sidenote: if you have a nutribullet, or any type of blender, this part can be achieved in 10-15 seconds.
4. Mix the contents of both bowls together.
5. Melt the coconut oil (I use a microwave for 20 seconds) and mix the sugar into it.
6. Add the oil/sugar mix into the bowl alongside the rest of the contents and continue to stir.
7. Once you’ve reached a thick and smooth consistency, stir in the Cacao Nibs.
8. Add the finished mixture to a cake tin; or cupcake cases.
9. Put the cake in the oven for 50 minutes, until the cake is clean; or 25 minutes for cupcakes. (Check the cake is clean by inserting a knife or toothpick and removing it)
10. Once the cake has cooled slightly, spread as much Lotus Biscoff Spread on top of the cake as you like. (At this point you can also add any other decor you would like such as sprinkles)
It’s a very simple and easy vegan sweet-treat to make and it doesn’t cause a huge mess either. Most of all, it tastes delicious!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and, if you try it, please let me know what you think. Thank you for reading!
Love and light , Liss x