Who has a bucket-list? *Puts my hand up proudly*
I am guilty of being a dreamer. However, it’s not a bad thing as some people often like to interpret it. I’m actively chasing my dreams and ticking things off my bucket-list one by one. So I’m not just dreaming!
Everyone should have a bucket-list, even if it’s to watch every single film on Netflix or to go sky-diving. If you don’t have one or are stuck on ideas then maybe having a look at some things that I have on mine may help inspire you to get started.
I was going to share my entire list but it would not only be ridiculously long (it’s in the 100’s) but there are some absolutely shameful things (lol) that I don’t feel comfortable sharing online. So instead I thought I’d share a 30 before 30 list.
My actual bucket-list is in a very specific order, with the ages I must accomplish each goal by, and there were way more than 30 things that I want to do before I turn 30. So I’ve randomly picked 30 of them and I’ll list them below; in no specific order.
1. Go to Bali – I will be going in September
2. Go to Paris and eat at Café des Deux Moulins – I love French movies and this restaurant was featured in the movie Amelie. I visited in August 2015.
3. Write a book – I love to write and I’ve written plenty of short stories and even multiple chapters of books that I never finished so the aim is to write a book from start to finish; even if I don’t decide to publish it.
4. Graduate – I’m currently studying Law and I’m starting my 3rd year so I’m working on it.
5. Buy a house
6. Give blood – I’m under the required weight to be able to give blood currently and I’m still trying to put the weight on so that I’m able to give blood.
7. Go on a yoga retreat
8. Grow healthy waist length hair – I’ve been scissor happy since I was about 13 years old so although my hair grows really fast, I just cannot stop cutting it. I am obsessed! I managed for a few months and then 2 weeks ago I cut 4 inches off again. Oops!
9. Travel alone – My first solo trip was in August 2015 and I have more to come.
10. Volunteer abroad – I will be volunteering abroad in September/October 2016
11. Become a vegetarian – I became a vegetarian in September 2015 and within weeks became a vegan. Super proud to have ticked this off!
12. Build a school in Africa
13. Get a tattoo – I love tattoos but I think that they require a commitment that I’m not sure I’m ready to make but will I ever be ready? So once I decide what tattoo I want I’m going for it. I’m sure I’ll learn to deal with the fact that it’s stuck on me for life (lol)
14. Get my teeth fixed – I have gaps in my teeth and I don’t like them. (Sidenote: I had braces when I was younger but they weren’t done properly and kept breaking and then I ripped them out with a knife because the orthodontist wouldn’t do them properly.)
15. Go to an Opera
16. Create a family tree – I’ve started asking questions and making notes, the aim is to make a family tree that I can pass on to my children and my nieces/nephews so they know where we came from
17. Go to Jamaica
18. Go to Puerto Rico
19. Get married
20. Learn how to do a handstand – I’ve climbed up walls of hallways, walked on my hands with my legs behind my head, kicked ass in martial arts and even ran in races (I don’t like to run) but I’ve never been able to do a handstand. I can’t even do a headstand. Something about being upside down is not appealing to me but I’ve always wanted to do it so I’m going to learn.
21. Don’t say anything negative for a month – I no longer say or think negative things about myself and I don’t really say negative things about others to be fair, unless I’m defending someone, but I do swear an awful lot and I tend to tell people to “fuck off” or “go to hell” almost every day and I need to get out of that habit.
22. Go to the gym 100 times (and actually exercise) – If I wasn’t naturally slim I’d be severly overweight because the thought of exercise makes me want to vomit. However, I’m so unfit and I really need to work out.
23. Watch the Lion King – I have never watched the Lion King! I still don’t understand how I haven’t got around to it or why I didn’t watch it as a child but it is a MUST.
24. Improve my Spanish so I’m fluent
25. Go to NYC and attend the Puerto Rican Day Parade
26. Have more than one child – because I want 6 children in total
27. Touch a real Elephant – When I volunteer in Thailand with Elephants I’m going to actually touch a real Elephant and I’m so excited!
28. Stop biting my nails – It’s a disgusting and dirty habit that I’ve had for as long as I can remember. I’m a very nervous person and I do it to pass the time but I really want to stop.
29. Go zip-lining – I attempted when I was about 9 or 10 and was zipped and ready to go and then I got scared. I will do it one day.
30. Stop using heat on my hair for a whole year – I have lasted 9 months so far, 3 more to go!
So there’s my 30 before 30 list. I hope it’s given you ideas if you needed them or inspired you to start your own list. If you have any ideas of things you think I should add to my list then please let me know! Also, if you have a list of your own please share as I love to read them.
Thank you for reading!